Thursday, February 2, 2012

Revlon Sparkling

 Revlon Sparkling is supposedly a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Some Enchanted Evening. While I don't have Some Enchanted Evening, the pictures I have seen of it appear to be pretty similar to Sparkling. 
 Sparkling has a clear base with small pink glitter and large pink hex glitter. Pictures are from the pinky finger one coat, ring two coats, middle three coats and index four coats. At four coats it still isn't opaque and would be best as a layering polish, I think black or light blue would look amazing.  


 Do you prefer to wear glitters that aren't opaque like this one on their own, under a type of nude polish or do you like to wear them over colored polish?

14 comments:

  1. I would love to see this as a sandwich with a white or pale pink jelly, especially for Valentine's Day! I like layering sparse glitters like this over other polishes because it makes removing them easier, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, great idea, Ana! I will have to try it.

      Delete
  2. This is a pretty glitter!! I like to mix it up. Nude and colored polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I haven't worn glitter with a nude polish yet, have to try it soon!

      Delete
  3. I like both, but layering makes it eaiser to remove glitters. Sometimes, I add glitter after wearing a color for a couple of days. I just posted a green glitter layered over Revlon's Bare Bones (a nude polish, part of their new colorstay line).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, layering definitely makes it easier to remove glitter! I will have to check out Bare Bones.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I don't think they are too similar, Pom Pom I believe is a pink jelly with much finer glitter.

      Delete
  5. AMO tu blog! me das tantas ideas para que mis uñas se vean lindas y novedosas! sigue asi! visita mi blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tera,

    This kind of pink clashes with my skin tone, sadly.
    But I have a tag for you over on my blog! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great on you!!!

    Oh! I tagged you in a post!!
    http://www.nailpolishwars.com/2012/02/11-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...